We are Fatshark
We are a critically acclaimed Swedish game development studio with about 180 experienced and skilled employees. We are most well-known for developing the Warhammer: Vermintide franchise, but have also helped develop a number of AAA titles and we recently launched the highly anticipated game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
We have grown quite a bit over the last few years and are almost two-hundred “Sharks” now, but we still embrace the same values that we started with and still think of ourselves like one big family with fun at the center. Come into our world, a world known for our crazy internally designed socks, hackweeks, and Friday afternoons for studio-wide “social play” time. It all adds up to an approachable, fun, passion-driven yet communal environment for us to work in.
We are looking for a Technical Artist to join our environment production team. You will work directly with our Technical Artists, Environment Artists and Programmers to create high quality and performant environments for our games.
You will be responsible for shader development in our inhouse shader authoring tools, building functional environment assets and improving the environment art production pipeline.
Our team and work environment is highly agile, collaborative and creative, thus it gives the individual team members a lot of influence along with responsibility. As part of the TA team you are a central role in our environment production and will act as a performance evangelist in the environment art team. You will tie disciplines together and improve the overall workflow of our projects. We need you to be an excellent problem solver with strong communication skills, and we hope that you thrive in working in a highly creative and collaborative work environment!
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Developing games with our own engine - Stingray
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Yearly health benefits and health checkups
- Yearly bonus program
- Office located in central Stockholm
What you'll do
- Making sure our game environments are performant on our target platforms
- Improve our environment art workflows
- Act as liaison between our inhouse engine developers, tools developers and the projects environment art teams
- Create and manage high quality and performant shaders (in our inhouse engine)
- Assist in keeping environment content balanced; in terms of material, lighting and general PBR guidelines
- Build functional gameplay assets in collaboration with gameplay programmers in our Lua scripting environment
- Push for new technical solutions and content creation avenues
- 2+ years of professional working experience as Technical Artist
- Excellent skills in graph or text based shader authoring (such as Unity SG / Unreal SG / HLSL)
- A great understanding modern rendering pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used programming languages (such as Python, Lua, C#)
- A good understanding of common environment art workflows and their pros & cons
- A strong drive and a good habit of organizing and structuring your- and others work
- Excellent communication skills
- A mentality geared towards problem solving
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Work experience in releasing games on current gen consoles (XB1/PS4)
- Knowledge of scripting in Lua
- Experience working in Blender
- Experience in tools development
- Experience working with procedural workflows
- A passion for video games
Most of us are currently working in a flexible way (both from home and the office), but the onboarding is being done in the office. This position will eventually require you to work from our office.
We look forward to review applications and will be interviewing candidates continuously until the position has been filled.
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Start: ASAP 2023
Form of Employment: full-time, permanent
Building worldsHands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative and multiplayer games
Great atmosphereA fun, friendly and inclusive work environment
Keep on growingOpportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
Work-life balanceRegulated flex time, paid overtime and minimum crunch policy
Hack WeeksAt the end of each quarter, we have a week dedicated to hack projects. Kick off the day with a team breakfast, deep dive into learning something new and team up with colleagues to realize that bizarre game feature
Additional BenefitsWe offer occupational pension, a generous bonus policy, annual health checkups & healthcare allowance and more
Who are we?
When we put Fatshark to sea in 2007, we wanted to create a place where talented people would come together and create awesome games. We did, and Fatshark is today a studio and publisher where great ideas spawn and reach the hands of countless players.
Equally important to us, we’ve never lost the joy that goes into creating great games. Over the years, we have created a habitat in which all kinds of fatsharks can thrive.
Cooperation is key
At Fatshark, we develop and publish cooperative games, where people come together to have fun and solve problems together. In a Fatshark game, you are given the freedom to succeed or fail trying as a group. And that's exactly the way we like it. Through teamwork in our games and in our studio, 1+1=3.
We are a Swedish game development studio located in Södermalm, Stockholm. With about 180 experienced and skilled employees we are developing and publishing titles for both consoles and PC. We are well-known for releasing the critically acclaimed title Warhammer: Vermintide 2 and our recent game Warhammer 40,000: Darktide.
Loading application form
Already working at Fatshark?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.